I am back into the swing after a long process of re-entry into civilization. Canada, in many ways, was the best vacation I've ever taken. I am going to try to put a post together sometime this weekend.
Right now, however, Brooke and I have our hands full with 5 boys in the house all weekend. AJ, his friend Terrell, Alarris, and of course, our two boys. We went to the pool last night and then had a movie night. This morning, Brooke prepared a wonderful pancake breakfast, then we split into teams and did a scavenger hunt around town (which secretly helped us accomplish our errands for the day). Currently, all the boys are feasting on PB sandwiches and watching cartoons while their cookies are baking.
We allowed each boy to pick out an ingredient to go into the cookies, and let them each mix their own combinations into the dough. The marshmallows (AJ's idea) ended up doing some interesting things in the oven.

After this, well enter "quiet time" for about an hour or so.
Tonight, we are having a friend and his 4 kids over for a big BBQ. After they leave, we are going to play twister with the boys and try to spend all their energy before bedtime.
Tomorrow, it's church and more swimming! It's a long, exhausting way to spend a weekend, but the boys love it.
Canada stories to come!
1 comment:
Bring on that Canada trip blog post!
Post a Comment