To see Val today, she just looks vibrant and upbeat, especially in comparison to the first few days after surgery. Brooke and I left this afternoon and I'm typing from my desk at home again. In many ways, I wish we were still there to hang out with Val in the room and be with Bob. But it looks as though we will get to have her back home very soon.
From the very beginning, Valerie has refused to let this cancer take down her spirit or her "fight". She worked out at the gym diligently up to the very day of her departure for Omaha, watched her diet closely to ensure she was in peak condition for the procedure, and got all the information she needed to fight to the finish. She just won't give up an inch to the disease.
To those of you who have been following this but have not been able to talk with her or see her yet, just believe me when I say...she is a beautiful and powerful inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment